Dr. Cleon Athill Raises Alarm Over Silence Following Alleged Predator Incident at Foundation Mixed School



Advocate Raises Alarm Over Silence Following Alleged Predator Incident at Foundation Mixed School
St. John’s, Antigua – Child rights advocate Dr. Cleon Athill is calling out what she describes as a dangerous silence surrounding an alleged incident involving a man luring young students with money at Foundation Mixed School on Wednesday, March 25, 2025.
In a strongly worded post on social media, Athill said the alleged incident involved a man entering the school compound and attempting to lure Grade 2 students—approximately 7 to 8 years old—with money. Despite the seriousness of the matter, Athill says the event has gone unreported in the media, and there has been no public advisory from the Ministry of Education or law enforcement.
“No news outlet took it up. No reporter made a news item of it. No advisory to the public from the ministry alerting that there’s a predator on the loose!” Athill wrote.
Athill, who has spent years advocating against domestic violence and child abuse, emphasized that perpetrators “thrive in silence” and “hide in dark places,” underscoring her frustration with the lack of public response.
The incident, she said, occurred just two days before the Ministry of Education encouraged a national ‘School Uniform Day’—a symbolic event in which adults dressed in children’s school uniforms. Athill had previously raised concerns that the initiative could potentially blur boundaries and inadvertently expose children to risk, but her caution was widely dismissed at the time.
“It happened when adults were busy cussing an advocate of child protection… and rubbishing the call to consider how wearing children’s uniform might, even in the slightest, pose a risk to children’s safety,” she said.
Athill criticized the Ministry for promoting the uniform initiative despite being aware of the March 25 incident, arguing that such decisions demonstrate a failure in the Ministry’s duty of care.
“The police knew! And even up to now… no word,” she stated.
The post has since gained traction online, with several users echoing her calls for transparency and accountability. As of this publication, no formal statement has been issued by the Ministry of Education or the Royal Police Force of Antigua and Barbuda regarding the alleged incident.
“Our children deserve better,” Athill concluded. “As adults, we are the biggest risk to our children’s safety.”
Calls are now mounting for the relevant authorities to address the incident, provide clarity to the public, and strengthen child protection protocols at schools across the island.
Advertise with the mоѕt vіѕіtеd nеwѕ ѕіtе іn Antigua!
We offer fully customizable and flexible digital marketing packages.
Contact us at [email protected]
Related News

Raising Awareness Of Mental Health In Antigua And Barbuda

Don’t Risk Your Future: The United States Cracks Down on Illegal

Antigua and Barbuda Global Music and Media Awards to Host First Ever Island Groove Awards
