Demand for Ethernet Business Services, Wireless Backhaul and Transparent Caching Solutions Drive Expansion; Appoints Industry Vet Alex Fano to Lead Effort
OTTAWA, Ontario, Aug. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ – BTI Systems, an innovator in intelligent packet optical networking for metropolitan networks, today announced that it will extend operations to support the growing Caribbean and Latin America region. With this expansion, BTI Systems will support its existing customers and meet the increased demand for Ethernet business services, wireless backhaul, content aware networking and transparent caching solutions among service providers throughout the area. Alex Fano has been named Vice President, CALA Sales and will lead the company’s push throughout this growing telecom market.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110228/CL55052LOGO )
- According to Infonetics Research, service providers around the globe have increased their Ethernet services revenue 20 percent over the last two years, as companies continue to seek the efficiencies and cost savings these services afford. The CALA region is no exception with nearly 8 percent growth in Ethernet business services.
- As service providers in CALA shift to optimize operations by converging mobile and fixed traffic in the same network, it is driving the move to all-IP/Ethernet backhaul for mobile broadband and LTE traffic.
- Netflix’s planned expansion into the CALA region is driving service providers to add caching with Carrier Ethernet switches to address network congestion, much of which is driven by exploding video traffic.
What It Means to the Market, BTI Systems
- The strengthening of the global network into CALA will provide valuable support for BTI Systems customers with deployments already underway in Jamaica and St. Maarten. This expansion also significantly extends the BTI Systems’ international footprint – with support now available in each major region worldwide.
- Lead by an experienced local team that understands the challenges unique to the CALA market, prospective customers and partners will have seamless access to the knowledge, applications and infrastructure BTI Systems is known for around the globe.
- Establishment of operations in CALA follows the recent announcement of a newly-opened Center of Excellence in Wuhan, China.
Meet Alex Fano, Vice President, CALA Sales
- Alex Fano has been appointed as Sales Vice President for BTI Systems’ operations in the CALA region. Fano will oversee sales and marketing operations from the company’s new Houston office.
- Fano has more than 19 years of sales and management experience throughout CALA’s telecommunications industry with Octel, Ascom, Bytemobile, BroadSoft and Openwave. His experience includes building strong channel partners and developing solid regional relationships with operators.
- “BTI Systems is already making its mark in the CALA region and now is the perfect time to extend its reach and establish a physical presence in the region,” said Alex Fano, Vice President, CALA Sales, BTI Systems. “The company’s metro networking architecture and content aware networking solutions will be welcomed by the region’s carriers seeking an agile solution to manage and grow its networks for the future.”
- “There is significant interest in the market for agile service delivery solutions to aid the burgeoning demand on network infrastructure – including Ethernet business services and OTT content delivery,” said Pete Dale, Vice President of Sales, Americas for BTI Systems. “Alex’s experience and respected position within the industry will be a crucial factor to BTI Systems’ success throughout CALA. We look forward to his leadership in one of the world’s fastest-growing and unique telecom markets.”
Connect with BTI Systems
Subscribe to our News
Follow us on Twitter
See what we are Reading
About BTI Systems
BTI Systems redefines service delivery with its intelligent packet-optical service platforms that help over 300 service provider and enterprise customers converge, transition and connect Ethernet, video and wireless data services in their metropolitan networks. The BTI Systems portfolio consists of the BTI 7000 Series packet optical networking platform, WideCast Content Aware Networking solutions, the BTI 700 Series Carrier Ethernet access portfolio, and the proNX Management Suite offering element, network, service management and strategic planning capabilities. BTI Systems is headquartered in the heart of Ottawa’s technology corridor and has regional offices in markets throughout the world. For more information, visit www.btisystems.com.