3 non-nationals accused of robbery against 3 elderly victims

The content originally appeared on: Antigua News Room

Two men accused of robbing three elderly persons were granted bail in the St John’s Magistrates’ Court last week.

Magistrate Conliffe Clarke gave bail to Marlon Carr of Fort Road and Rickardo Bussawan of Villa who were recently charged with aggravated robbery.

Their bail was set at $100,000 with a $5500 cash component along with other conditions such as reporting to a police station every day.

The three alleged robbery victims are said to be non-nationals in their 70’s who recently arrived on the island.

Two of them, a married couple, owned a property in Mill Reef Club.

On April 6 at around 10 pm, the complainants were at the residence in Mill Reef and were having a conversation under a cabana by the pool.

Not long into the conversation, they were reportedly accosted by three masked men who showed up wearing gloves and armed with knives.

The men allegedly grabbed the complainants from behind and then bound their hands and mouths with duct tape.

They then reportedly relieved them of their valuables, including iphones, ipods, and jewellery.

The robbers are then said to have taken them inside the house to open a safe.

Further reports indicate that they stole US$1,140.00 from the complainants before locking them in a bedroom.

The alleged victims were later able to free themselves and immediately report to the authorities what had transpired.

The police investigation led to the arrest of the two men who were subsequently charged, however the third person has not yet been apprehended at the time of the court appearance.

Their committal hearing was set for July 6. – OBSERVER NEWSCO

Support Antigua Newsroom from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.